I have been working on Naturally over the last three years, going on adventures into the wilderness and collaborating with male dancers and acrobats to create spontaneous performances documented with the camera. In scenes ranging from mysterious to emotive, the landscape and body is transformed by my addition of red, black and white color pigments.
The book, carefully produced in the tradition of an artist's book, will be available in late November.Learn more about the book below, check out a portfolio from the project or read my artist statement for more background.
About the Book
- Landscape format 30 x 26 cm (12 x 10 in.)
- 110 pages, 57 full colour photographs, 7 line drawings
- Exposed spine, thread sewn, soft cover with hardback, blind deboss on cover
- Printed in Germany on uncoated paper with UV inks
I'm really interested in the idea of the artist's book, where the book itself is the expression of the artistic idea, and not only a container to beautifully present your work. For that reason I have myself designed and closely supervised all aspects of the production of Naturally - of course with help, input and support from trusted friends and professionals.
The design of the book is inextricably linked to my underlying ideas for the project, expressing a personal theme around the tension between order and chaos. Elements of the book, such as the thread and paper stock texture is used to express those ideas. In addition, two hand-torn pages serve as important milestones in the sequence while also making every single copy of Naturally unique.
There are three pre-order special editions of Naturally available, which I've named Rock, Sand and Stone, each limited to 25 copies only (plus 5 APs).
Special edition features:
- Signed and numbered by me.
- 28 x 21 cm (11 x 8 in.) C-type original print. This is a limited edition only available with the special edition.
- Cloth covered with hardcover front and back with tip-on image, cloth color and cover image varies with edition (Rock - dark grey, Sand - brown, Stone - light grey).
- Swiss binding with exposed spine.
- Presented in a black slipcase with blind deboss title.