I have been working on Naturally for the last three years, photographing male dancers in nature and exploring expression using paint and colour (check out a portfolio of images or my artist statement for more background). I have been sharing and exhibiting parts of this project while working on it, which has received some nice media coverage. The project is now complete and will be published as a photobook by the end of 2015.
To support the publication, I'm now offering you the opportunity to get involved and make a difference by subscribing to a special edition of Naturally with a limited edition print. In return, you will be acknowledged as a valued supporter in every copy of the book, you will get private behind the scenes updates on the book making process and you will be invited to attend the book launch.
About the Book
The book will be published by me and Galerie Wilms with a print run of around 750 copies. The exact release date is not yet set, but will be in the autumn of 2015.
This will be my second book (after Undisclosed), which I'm producing with the help and input of trusted friends and photobook experts. It is very important to me that Naturally will be a special and carefully crafted book, which is not simply a beautiful collection of photographs, but capture the conceptual, emotional and narrative layers of the project.
Book specifications (subject to final confirmation):
- Landscape format 30 x 26 cm (12 x 10 in.)
- Swiss-bound with exposed spine, thread sewn, hardcover back
- 50-60 full colour photographs
- 108 pages
- Printed in Europe on uncoated paper to highest standard
There are three pre-order special editions of Naturally available, referred to as Rock, Sand and Stone, each limited to 25 copies only (plus 5 APs).
Special edition features:
- Signed and numbered by me.
- 28 x 21 cm (11 x 8 in.) C-type original print. This is a limited edition only available with the special edition.
- Acknowledgment of each subscriber at the back of every copy of the book.
- Cloth covered with hardcover front and back, cloth color varies with edition (Rock - dark grey, Sand - brown, Stone - light grey).
- Semi-transparent dust jacket with pocket holding print.
Framing Option for Special Edition
If you choose the framing option, your print will be framed in a beautifully hand-made box frame. The frame is made using solid oak that is polished and lightly waxed for a natural finish. The outside dimensions of the frame is 31 x 24 cm x 2 cm (12 x 10 x ¾ in.). The print will be mounted on archival museum board and protected by museum glass, which is both UV protective and almost invisible due to its anti-reflective treatment.